Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Artist Intro: Lee Blauersouth


















Name: Lee Blauersouth


Current projects: Godseeker, my ongoing epic stone age fantasy, written by my wife, Lisa Blauersouth. Also, Abby and Nicole Lorenz and I are doing a short story for Smut Peddler.


Past projects: A Day in the Life, with the rest of the older Black Hat Collective members.


Website(s): Godseekercomic.com


Shop: indyplanet book shop


Webcomics I read: Gunnerkrigg Court, Girl Genius, Sinfest, Girls with Slingshots, Wapsi Square, The Not so Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal, La Macchina Bellica, Knights Errant, Stop Paying Attention, Templar Arizona, Skin Deep, comics by the BHC members.


Print comics I read: Fables, Ooku, Sailor Moon, print volumes of those webcomics.


Blogs I read: Apartment Therapy, Indistinguishable from Magic, Design Sponge


My fav stuff to write or draw: Pretty people, emotions, rocks, clouds


What inspires me to make comics: The way comics combines the best of both books and tv and art. Its such an amazing way to tell stories. The reader can add their own take on the work by adding the sound and movement, but have the added visual interest of the pictures. I like the way this combination lets you tell very personal stories, without needing the committee required for TV or even most novels. I can just tell the story and put it where people can see it. I'm also inspired to draw beauty- or at least what I see as beautiful, and I love drawing nature being epic.


Why are you in the BHC: Comics can be a lonely, isolated art form, since you can do it all yourself, but I get to learn a lot more from hanging around other people, and also finding all the cool resources and comics and art they find.


My artistic new years resolution: Improve on my anatomy, and do more drawing from life. Also, draw more dynamic and interesting backgrounds.


Favorite part of the artistic process: I think I like penciling the best. That’s when I get to figure out the emotions I'm drawing and the acting of the characters.


Hogwarts house: Slytherin


Blood Type: A+


Thanks, All!


Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment